MK Tactical
Concealed Carry Classes FAQS 

What is Concealed Carry? To carry a loaded handgun with you for self protection in a way that it is hidden from the sight of others. This could be concealed under clothing, jackets or vests, in a purse or bag, etc… Firearms that are in a holster where the gun handle and holster are openly visibly, does not qualify for concealment. The individual must have a Concealed Carry license with them at all times. It is unlawful to concealed carry a firearm, or have one readily accessible to any person inside a vehicle without a license. To legally carry a concealed handgun you must obtain the License to Carry a Concealed Handgun.
If you want to carry a concealed handgun in Oregon, you will need an Oregon Concealed Handgun License.

What are the rules to obtain an Oregon Concealed Handgun License? To obtain a license, the person applying must be

*21 or older.

* US Citizen, or is a legal resident alien who can document continuous residency in the county for at least six months and has declared in writing to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services the intent to acquire citizenship status and can present proof of the written declaration to the sheriff at the time of application for the license.
* Not a convicted felon or convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor.
* No outstanding warrants for arrest or free on any form of pretrial release.

*Demonstrates competence with a handgun:

Completion of any firearms training or safety course or

class conducted by a firearms instructor certified by a law

enforcement agency or the National Rifle Association if handgun

safety was a component of the course. Our OR/UT Concealed Carry Classes qualify for this.

What is the OR/UT Concealed Carry Class offered at MKTactical? This is the required class needed for the student to be able to apply for an Oregon CHL or a Utah CFP. Each student will receive a certificate of completion of a Basic Handgun Safety class. For those interested in the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit, the required application and instructor stamp is given to class participants. Attending a “Utah Firearms Familiarity Course” is mandatory to apply for this permit, which is included in the Concealed Carry class.

What is the Utah CFP ? The Utah Concealed Firearm Permit is the best option for Oregon residents as it allows the license holder to carry concealed in 30 states…including WASHINGTON StateLocal state carry laws apply. This permit is offered to non-residents of Utah. You do not need to go to Utah, the application is mailed. There are many states included with the UT CFP, making this a great permit for those that travel or will be travelling, have family or business in other states, or hunt out of state. More information is found under our classes tab.

What is included in a Concealed Carry Class? The class covers information about:

handgun safety,

types of firearms,

holster styles,

use of force laws,

videos and scenarios that enlist critical thinking and situational awareness,


concealment methods,

safe storage of firearms,

Utah Firearms Familiarity requirements,

and application information.


When is the next available class? Please visit our classes calendar tab. View the calendar of all our public classes. Find a class date and location that works in your schedule and register on-line, at our MKTactical store or call. If you are interested in hosting a private class in your home, place of work, church, club house, barn, or other venue- please call Michael at 503-577-6824.


What do I bring to class?A state issued photo drivers license or ID card.

This is not a live-fire class, so no firearms are needed.

Drinks and light snacks are provided, you may also bring your own.

Bring payments: Class fee can be check, credit cards, money orders or cash.

Application fees for Utah (if receiving UT application at class): UT takes only check, Money Order or Credit Card.

Application fees for Arizona Concealed weapons Permit: Money Order Only.


What are the fees? There are different fees. Depends on what permits the student wants. Lets break them down:

*Oregon CHL permit ONLY-

$35per individual for the class.

$65 application fee to your local Sherriff office at the time of processing.

*OR CHL / Utah CFP combo permits– (both permits, or just for Utah only is same price)

$75 / $65 Class Fee: $75 per individual or $65 with 2 or more people registering. Bigger discounts with large groups.

$49 Utah BCI application fee: $49 payment with check, money order made to Utah BCI or visa / master card only.

$30 Fingerprinting/ photo/ copy of ID/ express mail service: $30 per individual (optional service)

(Utah requires a FBI fingerprint card, 2x2 color photo, photocopy of your ID and payment to Utah BCI all sent in with the application form. For the $30 we will do all of that for you during class, plus we will express mail your paperwork to UT. You can leave class with nothing to do except wait for the permit to come in the mail. If you chose not to have this done at class, then you will need to find time to obtain these items before mailing your application to Utah BCI ).

*Arizona CWP –

$30 Fingerprinting / mail service -(2 FBI fingerprint cards required), applications are provided.

$60 Money Order ONLY made payable to AZ DPS mailed with the application and FP cards.

Where can I carry concealed with my permits? The state of Oregon is one of the best states for Concealed Carry. This important topic is discussed in detail during the class, as well as carry laws for the UT CFP.

What is the Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit? When the AZ CWP is added, along with having the OR CHL and UT CFP, the permit holder is allowed to carry concealed in 2 additional states: New Mexico and Nevada. These states are not covered with the other permits. There is no class associated with this permit, however the applicant must have a current state of residence concealed carry permit, or a certification of Basic Handgun Safety, (which is available when you take our class).

An application and 2 sets of fingerprint cards (which are required),these can be done during our classes for a $30 fee , and we can mail it for you. The application payment to AZ DPS is $60. Money Order is the ONLY payment method accepted.

If interested in obtaining an AZ CWP, stop by a Plaid Pantry before class to get a money order for $60 payable to AZ DPS. .